Firelight is a Reel Power Aristocrat pokie machine that received an online release in 2013. There’s some confusion as to the theme – it has Aztech and Native American-style symbols, as well as the Ancient Greek Phoenix Legend, meshed together. Either way, this is a 243 Ways to Win pokie with 5 reels and a Bonus Feature that grants free spins.
Play Firelight Slot by Aristocrat
In classic Aristocrat fashion, the art style is clean and realistic. Presentation overall isn’t too exciting, but the simple animations and smooth interface do the job. Since theme of this free slot is a mesh of cultures, let’s settle on «mythological» to describe it.
Playing isn’t complicated – set bets on the bottom, turn on the paylines (we recommend all of them) and get spinning. «Autoplay» up to 100 spins is located just above the Play button.
Firelight is integrated into websites using the Flash player and HTML 5. It runs on all modern browsers such as Chrome, Opera, IE, Safari, Firefox, etc. It’s optimized for:
- Desktop PC and laptop screens.
- Android mobile screens.
- Various iOS iPhone versions.
- iPad and other tablet screens.
Note: After loading, Fire Light immediately assaults players with loud Lobby sounds of people talking and laughing. This goes against the otherwise relaxing atmosphere – we recommend to turn it off in the options menu on bottom right.
How to Win Big & Jackpot in Firelight Slot
To win big at Firelight, we have to understand how the Paytable works in this machine. The Reel Power mechanic makes it so the payouts are dependent on the number of active Reels. Turning on all of them lands highest payouts, but minimum bets get higher. It’s almost guaranteed that symbols pay at least something, but it will often be less than your original bet.
This is why all the basics in Firelight don’t pay much without the Bonus symbols:
- Wild Mountain. Substitutes any symbol except Scatter and lands on Reel 3 ONLY. Getting the mountain multiplies payouts 2, 3, or 5 times depending on the match.
- Scatter Phoenix. Offers the highest payout in the game at x1000 the stake for 5. When 3 or more Phoenix symbols land on the board, Bonus Feature triggers. It offers up to 12 Free Spins, where reels 1,2 and 4,5 combine into Twin Reels with the same symbols on them.
Knowing this, any big win in Firelight comes from this strategy:
- Use Reel Power. There’s no reason to play an Aristocrat pokie with this feature without maximizing its utility. Enable all lines, preferably at max bet – the game rewards high rollers.
- Leverage Free Spins. Phoenix is your ticket to the biggest payout in the game, which is going on a Free Spin strike with the twin reels – guaranteeing multiple spins with potential x5 bonuses on all wins. .
- Gamble the Change. You’ll get a lot of small wins that don’t even give back your initial stake – try and double or quadruple them with the Gamble feature, but don’t get greedy..
- Use casino bonuses. There are many top online casinos that offer bonuses on Aristocrat pokies. Places like Betat, LeoVegas, or Big Fish casino offer a Welcome Kit for new players..
Firelight doesn’t have a jackpot, neither progressive nor fixed. It relies on large win streaks made during the Bonus Feature that can count in thousands of credits.
Free Spins Bonus in Firelight
3+ Phoenix Scatter symbols trigger 6, 9, or 12 Free Spins and turn on the Twin Reel feature. This is also Firelight’s unique selling point – two reels combine into a single big one that shows the same dual symbols on all spins. This effectively doubles player chances of landing a good combo on any spin.
With the x5 Wild multiplier, Bonus Feature offers high payout potential. Triggering a good streak is still a challenge – it’s about as likely as a traditional Jackpot in other slots.
Gamble Bonus feature is a classic Australian pokie staple. Here’s how it works:
- On landing a win, the «Gamble» option on bottom right starts flashing.
- Players can wager the win on either a card color or sleeve.
- The right color doubles the win, while sleeve quadruples it.
- Wrong choice voids the entire pot.
Gambling is available up to 5 times for any win. It’s a powerful but risky way of turning small payouts into a profit.
Real Money Play
To play Firelight for real money:
- Register at a top online casino in your country and verify your identity.
- Choose your preferred payment options and set up withdrawals for your account.
- Claim your Casino Welcome bonus that sometimes goes up to $1600+ in value.
- Find Fire Light on the list under Aristocrat slots and get spinning.
Keep in mind that the RTP of Firelight is 94.99%, when many modern Vegas slots go as high as 98.99%. It isn’t the most generous slot out there, but its high volatility leaves room for surprises.
Real money play in Firelight isn’t any different from the Free Play demo – you get exactly the same game you can play for free.
Firelight won’t impress anyone who’s tried any other Aristocrat pokies. It follows a known pattern with the same old Scatter-Wild divide and only one Bonus Feature of note. On the plus side, the game does have some nice art and an interesting Twin Reels gimmick.
It’s easy to be harsh on a slot from over a decade ago. There’s always something that’s going to be outdated or considered boring today. If anything, comparing Firelight to modern slots shows how far online gambling went in just the last couple years.
«Firelight was doing something interesting when it came out, but time wasn’t kind to this slot. Give it a few spins in Free Play, for the sake of respecting history if nothing else»