Bonus Bears is a popular Playtech slot with 5 reels and 25 paylines released in 2012. It’s got nice cartoon-ish graphics and is themed after a Bear adventure in a wildlife reserve. After a makeover a few years ago, it comes with in-game Free Spins, unique Wilds, and has a thematic Honey feature for added engagement. Let’s go over a few things to bear in mind while playing.
Paytable & Bonus Symbols
The base table in the game looks like this:
- Park Ranger – 3×100 4×1000 5×5000
- Skunk –3×50 4×300 5×1000
- Picnic Basket & Bee – 3×25 4×100 5×500
- Ace, King – 3×15 4×50 5×200
- Queen, Jack – 3×10 4×25 5×150
- 10, 9 – 3×5 4×20 5×100
Paytable can be called at any time with the «Info» button on bottom left of the game screen. There are 2 Bonus Symbols to keep in mind when you play Bonus Bears slot:
- Wild Bear – mascot of the game, it lands on reels 2,3 and 4. Substitutes any other symbol except scatter and on a match gives 15 Free Spins that re-trigger.
- Honeycomb Scatter – land anywhere, 3 or more of them trigger the Honey Feature and set you into a special bonus game.
There’s reason to chase bonuses, but base symbols in Bonus Bears also provide decent payouts and play well with the Wild substitution. Overall, this is a solid paytable for a low/medium volatility slot.
Play Bonus Bears Slot by Playtech
Here’s a quick rundown of what you’ll find in this slot:
- Charming cartoonish aesthetics of a Wildlife reserve somewhere in the US.
- Polished graphics with non-intrusive, but cute animations such as bees flying about.
- Slick user interface that’s easy to understand and navigate.
- Unique bonus game with its own little mini-game.
How to Play Bonus Bears Slot
Set your bets on the bottom using the +/- signs and press «Spin» whenever you’re ready. That’s it, really – you can also turn Autoplay with a set number of spins if you plan on doing a lot of them. There’s a Turbo Mode available to speed up the spins for players who prefer a higher pace. Doesn’t take much to master the bonus game either – just click on the trees and see whether you get a prize or not. If you want to play Bonus Bears slot for real money, things get a bit more complicated:
- You need to signed up at a licensed top casino available in your region. We recommend websites like Bettat, LeoVegas, or 888casino.
- Pass the verification process and confirm you’re legally allowed to gamble for real money.
- Choose your deposit and withdrawal method – this includes credit card payments, bank wires, or processing systems such as Skrill or PaySafeCard.
- At the end, you get to claim casino bonuses such as no deposit Free Spins or 100% deposit matches up to $1600 equivalent in places like JackpotCity.
Bonus Bears plays the same whether you choose to run it in Free Play or for real money.
Free Spins Bonus & Jackpot
Bonus Bears triggers 15 Free Spins whenever you get the Wild Bear on 3 reels simultaneously. All Free Spins wins are TRIPLED, potentially leading to an impressive win streak for lucky players.
Bonus Round feature triggers when you land 3+ Honeycombs on any of the reels. It includes a mini-game where you pick a tree to climb and collect bonuses. Getting 5 honeycombs or hitting a beehive ends the game, paying out the winnings. The game offers no progressive jackpot, but the highest payout is an impressive x5,000 the stake – with potential for landing large payouts during bonus streaks.
How to Win Big Bonus Bears Slot
The first thing to keep in mind is the RTP of 95.17% – this isn’t a stingy slot, but not a generous one either. The main reason to play it is the aesthetics and experience, not necessarily big money wins. For those who are willing to get past the fairly average payouts, here are a few more tips:
- High Bets. Bonus Bears favors high rollers, because Free Spins are tied to the current bet. The higher it is, the less of a chance to go bust. Its counter-intuitive, but works.
- Play into the Bonus. You’re looking to try and get as many Honeycomb bonus rounds as possible due to the flat cash prizes that’ll fuel your streak.
- Use Casino Bonuses. Those should be a big part of your gambling strategy – most places offer Free Spins and deposit matches, so gamblers often keep accounts on multiple casinos at once just to take advantage of them.
Overall, the biggest win you can get comes from hitting the Park Rangers during a Free Spin bonus run, which nets an impressive 15,000 coins due to the Bonus round modifier.
Bonus Bears Slot Review Summary
Bonus Bears rides its aesthetics into success. The online version knows exactly how to keep players wanting to come back, with slick animations and optimization for almost any device. Spins are nice and slick, wins feel worth it, the bonus feature is designed to spice things up –the game just has top-notch production values. Main hiccups are in payouts – this slot doesn’t have much of a jackpot and offers a fairly disappointing 95.17% RTP. For this reason, our recommendation is to give it a few spins in Free Play before feeding the Bear any real cash.
«This game bears the classic Playtech mark. Whether you win or lose, it’s just impossible to stay mad at a machine this charming.»